Why You Shouldn’t Talk About the Demographic Winter
Population decline is creating problems all around the world. If low birth rates continue, these trends will get worse. But you shouldn’t focus on the negative.
In this episode, Fr. Boquet discusses why we need to be careful discussing the demographic winter. Too much pessimism will just make the problem worse. It’s important to focus on hope! Life is beautiful and worth living, even in times of struggle.
- 00:00 What’s a demographic winter?
- 02:23 Why are there low birth rates?
- 03:15 Impact of population decline
- 05:27 Lack of hope
- 06:55 Death spiral
- 08:10 Don’t focus on…
- 10:04 This won’t change overnight
- 11:33 Doom & gloom
- 14:00 Motivation?
- 15:55 Engage the situation
- 18:03 Beauty of life
- 19:56 International situation
- 21:01 Mission story
- 24:38 Problem of poverty
- 25:57 How can I serve today?
- 29:37 Signs of hope!
- 33:52 Need community!