Annual Report 2015
Human Life International
Human Life International defends both the God-given life and dignity of all human persons from conception until natural death, and the natural family based on marriage—the fundamental human institution defined by a lifetime union between one man and one woman that is open to life. As followers of Jesus Christ and members of the Catholic Church, our goal is to build a Culture of Life and of Love around the world through education, outreach, and advocacy.
HLI pursues this mission through the following efforts:
- We address all life and family issues with fidelity to the social and moral doctrine of the Catholic Church, on the basis of both faith and reason.
- We confront the evils of abortion, contraception, euthanasia/assisted suicide, and the redefinition of marriage through the defense of human dignity, marriage, family, and chastity. We do so with love and respect for all of God’s people regardless of their beliefs.
- We train, organize and equip pro-life leaders around the world to defend life in their home countries. While we are completely faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium, we are also ecumenical and work with people of all faiths to advance the cause of life and family.
- We advocate in the public square for a clear understanding of authentic, basic, fundamental human rights granted to all people by God.
- In response to our Lord Jesus Christ, we serve our brothers and sisters by living out the Gospel of Life and by proclaiming a message of mercy.
Empowering Families Around the World
HLI believes the specific concerns and needs of local communities can be best identified by those who live there. Thus, our world headquarters, located in Front Royal, Virginia, is an educational apostolate devoted to educating and empowering our partners and the people they serve.
Together with our international leaders and partners, we:
- Train seminarians and priests in the Gospel of Life
- Produce materials and programs that bring together science, philosophy and theology in the service of the truth
- Teach young couples Natural Family Planning
- Educate civic leaders on pro-life issues
- Advocate for life and family in various media
- Found crisis pregnancy centers
- And much more!
HLI Board of Directors in 2015
|Stuart W. Nolan, Jr., Esq.,
|Lisa Cahill, MD,
|Msgr. Charles Pope||Frank Dennehy, MD||Richard J. Mathews, Esq.|
|Sr. Terese Auer, OP, PhD||Karla Polaschek,
| Fr. Jerry J. Pokorsky,
MDiv, ThM, Treasurer
MISSION STATISTICS 2015
|Total Mission Stats for HLI Staff and Directors|
|Number of Events||People Reached|
|Talks, Conferences, or Special Meetings||1,288||(113,784)|
|Pro-life Masses and homilies||342||(79,845)|
|Print Media/Internet Coverage||100|
|Total Miles Traveled||525,729|
FINANCIAL REPORT 2015*
*Financials based on Independent Auditors report. See link below.
View the Statement of Functional Expenses 2015.
|Investment Income||$ 5,464|
|Other Revenue||$ 177,404|
|Total Revenue||$ 2,902,793|
|Educational Programs/International||$ 1,993,682|
|Publications and Communications||$ 735,096|
|Total Program Services||$ 2,768,902|
|Management & General||$ 378,125|
|Total Expenses||$ 3,649,418|
|Total Revenue Less Expenses||( $ 746,625)|
|Net Assets Beginning of Year||$ 4,357,364|
|Net Assets End of Fiscal Year 2015||$ 3,610,739|
Independent Auditors’ Report (Cohn Reznick)
We have audited the accompanying consolidated financial statements of Human Life International, Inc. and HLI Endowment, Inc., which comprise the consolidated statement of financial position as of September 30, 2015, the related consolidated statement of activities and change in net assets and cash flows for the year then ended, and the related notes to the consolidated financial statements…We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion.
In our opinion, the consolidated financial statements referred to above present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of Human Life International, Inc. and HLI Endowment, Inc. as of September 30, 2015 and the change in its net assets and its cash flows for the year then ended in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.
For more detailed information on fiscal year 2015, download the 2015 IRS 990.
Archives – Annual Reports