Catholic Teaching: Contraception Defies Marriage Vows
Why does the Catholic Church condemn contraception? Isn’t sex a good thing?
On this episode, Fr. Shenan Boquet explains Church teaching on birth control. When couples use contraception, they falsify their marriage vows. If spouses truly love each other, they must remain open to life.
Listen now to find out why contraception contradicts love! It’s essential that Catholics understand this controversial doctrine.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:54 St. Gianna Beretta Molla love letters
- 04:25 What do marriage vows say?
- 06:45 Sex expresses marriage vows
- 07:26 Impoverished language
- 08:27 Contraception falsifies
- 09:30 Why are unity & procreation inseparable?
- 10:40 Divorce of words & body
- 11:35 Not fully one
- 12:17 Gift!
- 13:05 Biological intention
- 15:59 Spiritual problem
- 18:27 Need openness for unity
- 20:04 A child is not a commodity
- 21:10 Spoken daily
- 23:17 Contraceptive mentality
- 24:58 How do I treat my spouse?
- 27:14 Kids learn from parents
- 29:30 Priests need to talk about this!
- 30:54 Children have rights too
- 34:20 I wish someone had intervened
- 36:33 Courage! Live a full life! Living the Culture of Life