10 Abortion Myths
In this audio talk, HLI Director of Education and Research Dr. Brian Clowes provides an overview of the 10 most common abortion myths that are repeated by the media, and explains how to refute each and every one. These are the same arguments that come up over and over again in everyday conversation because most people have heard them so often that they mistakenly accept them as facts.
The myths discussed include:
- “The world is overpopulated, so we must have abortion and birth control.”
- “70,000 women die each year from unsafe abortions worldwide.”
- “Abortion is needed for cases of rape, incest, birth defects, and to save a mother’s life.”
- “It’s her body, so she can do with it as she pleases.”
- “We really don’t know when human life begins.”
- “Third-trimester abortions are rare or nonexistent.”
- “Most Americans are ‘pro-choice.'”
- “Men have no right to speak out against abortion.”
- “You can’t legislate morality.”
- “Every child must be a wanted child.”
The next time someone claims that abortion saves women’s lives or that the world is overpopulated, you will know exactly how to respond.
Running time 53:03. Order as a CD here or listen now by clicking here.
Leave a Comment